At last. The name-that-fish prizes have been sewn, sealed and delivered. The pillow pictured first is for the sixth grader who gave our new family pet the name Creamsicle. The fabric is mostly Tula Pink’s Flutterby mixed with some solids and a fish print that was imported from Japan. I used the disappearing nine-patch pattern, but took it one step further by cutting the blocks in half two more times than is standard. I did this because I wanted smaller squares of fabric in the design. I first learned about the disappearing nine-patch here. The border and backing fabric is chocolate brown corduroy.
This second pillow is for Barbara, the winner of the random drawing. The center flower is from Amy Butler’s Lotus collection and the rest of the prints are Freshcut by Heather Bailey. I used scraps leftover from this quilt. The off-white material framing the patchwork is cut from an old tea towel. This pillow is backed in brown corduroy as well.
This was my first attempt at pillow making and I was happy with the results. It was particularly rewarding to be able to give the pillows away to two wonderful people. Thanks again for playing my silly name-that-fish game. Creamsicle is doing great and is loving his new name.